The following handbook has been designed by Miriam Williams, who previously taught MEP at Anglo European School, as a guide for all new schools joining the programme. Schools already delivering the programme may also wish to draw from this resource.
The booklet is designed to help with getting MEP set up and provides pointers on how to recruit a Year 7 cohort, as well as Schemes of Work for delivery.
Download MEP Training Handbook booklet in full.
The booklet covers:
- Letter to parents introducing the MEP and inviting expressions of interest
- Letter to Primary Schools asking for a reference for interested students
- Letter to parents inviting their child to attend an MEP taster morning
- Timetable for the MEP taster morning
- Resources for the MEP language taster lesson (PowerPoint; starter activity; character matching cards)
- Mandarin Aptitude Test
- MEP offer letter
- European Languages offer letter
Schemes of Work & Resources
- Year 7 Scheme of Work (Jinbu 1 and Easy Steps to Chinese)
- Resources website
- Student projects
- Classroom Language Sheets
- Extension/consolidation ideas & self-access resources
Cultural activities & Extra Curricular ideas
Monitoring student progress