Activities to practice speaking and writing. Players have to match Chinese and English phrases as well as use a picture dice to test vocabulary. A characters only version is also available.
- Online lesson –“My Town”, simple and useful for students to review pronunciation and basic structures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ZCJAgItxE and this one: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/j-nb-2-chapter-3-unit-1-my-town-6436617
- Youtube online lesson for the structure– “Someone is going somewhere”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1iUd6mA8eo
- This is a video clip about activities and places. It is in Chinese with Chinese subtitles and can be used as a listening material: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQDpkPxDYPc
- A video clip about places and directions, in English and Chinese, new words with Chinese subtitles, could be used as an introduction: https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/zkxd7ty
- Extension work. A video about places and how to ask for directions, taught by a Chinese teacher, with vocabulary flash cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYwxewXE8g and this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgLrvrLAX38
- Extension lesson about ‘Public Places”, and the sentences– “where are you going?”, “Who you are going with”, “Should we go to somewhere” http://www.chinese-tools.com/learn/chinese/10-public-places.html
- Extended vocabulary for jobs and workplaces: https://blogs.transparent.com/chinese/jobs-and-workplaces-in-chinese/