A card game to test students’ knowledge of geography and the Chinese for countries and capitals around the world. The game is suitable for a small group activity.
A reading activity to test knowledge of countries and nationalities. Students must match characters with their country based on images and statements made about their home country. Answers to the activities are provided on the worksheet. A character only version is also available.
In groups students should create their perfect country. Students should complete in Chinese statements on what their country’s weather, language, food etc. would be like. Groups should then present their country to the class.
- Countries and nationalities –words and structures taught by a Chinese teacher: simple and useful for student to review pronunciation https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/chinese-lesson-3-countries-and-nationalities-6341838 and this one:
- Countries, nationalities and languages in Chinese: a list of vocabulary http://blogs.transparent.com/chinese/countries-nationalities-and-languages-in-chinese/
- Simple words and structures on countries and nationalities with pinyin https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/learning-chinese/country.htm
- A youtube lesson on nationalities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eth2OctZ9I
- An online lesson on ‘which country are you going to?’, ‘which country are you from’, ‘have you been to China’ http://www.chinese-tools.com/learn/chinese/05-country-nationality.html